The alliance envisions to transform the recycling landscape by pooling resources to build an efficient waste management ecosystem by engaging with waste pickers, scrap dealers, waste management companies, recyclers, and NGOs thereby positively impacting millions engaged in the waste trade. The alliance will represent the voice of the industry and collaborate with government and other stakeholders to contribute to policy making.
The Alliance aims to double the collection and recycling of used paper cartons by 2025.
“Currently, in India, more than 50% of used beverage cartons is getting recycled. To ensure that our future is sustainable, AARC is working to reduce hundreds of thousands of tons of waste from the streets of India.”
Recycling Cartons Rate
- Create a funding mechanism and raise resources to increase recycling rate
- Create awareness: Rag pickers, Consumers, Institutions, Recyclers, Industry, other stakeholders
- Replicate successful models directly , in partnership or through AARC
- Implementing signature projects on collection, recycling to increase recycling rate
- Advocacy for creating favourable external environment: Government, Environmentalists, Academia
- Research & Studies: Technologies for recycling, social benefits of recycling cartons
- Publications: Case studies of success stories, annual reports
AARC’s network of engaged partners is vast and multi-faceted. There are six key players involved in ensuring
AARC’s vision of achieving 100% recyclability, whilst improving the livelihoods of those involved.
Clients & Customers
The brand owners who use Tetra Pak cartons to package their beverages
The informal sector that involves a community of workers who scavenge for salvageable waste in landfills
The government bodies who share the same vision in ensuring viable development and an environmentally sound infrastructure
Small enterprises that consolidate large amounts of used beverage cartons and move them to recycling centers
Locations with the infrastructure to separate the different elements of a used beverage carton and turn them into new, recycled products
Organizations that wish to see policies and frameworks in place that promote
a healthy environment, encourage sustainable livelihoods, and promote
a feasible future